Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Designer Babies...Do you really want one?

Designer babies, no, no I'm not referring to baby Shiloh Pitt or Suri Cruise's attire.  I'm talking about picking out everything from your babies eye color to skin color.  Are you as disturbed as I am at the idea of this?  From a scientific standpoint I have to admit it peaks my interest in the slightest, but that is far outweighed by the idea that we can manipulate genes in this way.  The diversity of the world may be wiped out by this process, but even worse what would we be creating by manipulating genes.  Honestly, I'm intrigued at the possibility of curing diseases through genetic research & possibly manipulation.   

At the end of the day, I for one am happy that I'm me...no matter what I look like.  



Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T.

No comments: