Sunday, March 29, 2009

March Flick Pick '09

is my pick of this lot. Initially I picked watchmen as my pick but this one is it. It had me engaged for most of the film. I walked out thinking...would I really want to know what was going to happen and when!

This is a cute kid flick with the lesson that you stick to the value of your promises. Race to witch mountain has a lot of cool special effects that the kids & adults can enjoy.

In the bromance I love you man we see the value of friendship... I got a few (very few) chuckles out of this one. I think the guys in the movie theater drinking beer had a better time. (Yes they serve beer in my local theater... come to think of it maybe if I had been sauced on beer maybe I would have enjoyed it too!)

----------------------------------- Below posted on 3/27/09---------------------------------------------
I'm not a fan of the Watchmen series but wondered into the movie the other day. I really don't know how to describe it other than to say it was strange. You know the kind of strange that you just can't help watching to see what's going to happen next. I honestly can't tell you that I enjoyed this film, but I can't say that I didn't like it! That said I think this is the best of the lot that I've seen so far.


The International is one of those films that the promo makes the film seem much better than it is. If I had the nerve, I'd go back to see it again. I could swear that there are items in the promo that are not in the movie. It had good performances, I liked the premise of the story but they took too long to get to the point. The last twenty minutes of the movie had me cringing in my seat (to get up and go). I was overcome with relief when the credits rolled. I thought it was just me but the person I was with fell asleep in the first 15 minutes of the movie!

I love Julia Roberts and I really like Clive Owen so I was really looking forward to this one, but DUPLICITY was disastrous. Not as bad as "burn after reading", but the trailer made it seem funny and intriguing. I won't ruin it for anyone but the twist at the end was very disappointing. Good performances with a bad script!
Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T.

No comments: