Friday, July 31, 2009

July Flick Picks '09

My Sister's Keeper, is a touching story of a family's journey through the process of cancer physically attacking a family member and symbolically the entire family. The story is well written and executed. This is a MUST see.



I have to admit, I was really looking forward to The Ugly Truth because I've been tracking the Director Rob Lutek on Twitter. The direction and proformances were enjoyable but the script...well it's a mix of brilliance, raunch and predictability. The audience I saw it with laughed and laughed and laughed, but there were a few uncomfortable moment. I'm recommending this with a warning: Adult situations, if you allow your mind to go there.


Imagine that, is a good family film with a good message. The kids will like it and the parents will too.


Public Enemies, is well written and directed. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see this one get a nod come award time. Be warned it's violent!


I love you Beth Cooper, will be enjoyed by teens but I'm guessing the parents will want to pass on this one.




Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T.

No comments: