Friday, October 30, 2009

October Flick Picks 2009

Where the wild things are ~ you'll either love it or be bored by it but the kids will have some laughs.


Law abiding citizen ~ is violent and intriguing, if you can put aside your disbelief of the method used to distribute revenge. Good direction and wonderful performance by Gerard Butler. The film's aim is to look at the justice system and how it works. IKES!


The Stepfather ~ Another Violent movie! Good solid performances, good direction but the story was lacking. I left the theater realizing that I didn't understand the Stepfather's motivation. I guess if this does well at the box office we will see a sequel.

Couples Retreat ~ Some funny moments with a feel good ending.


Surrogates ~ I'd save this one for the rental.


Capitalism: A Love Story ~ Opens the mind and let's you think about where we are today and how we got here. Very interesting, even if you don't agree with his view. This is worth taking a look at.


Fame ~ I think the pre-teen sect will enjoy this. If you are a fan of the original you'll be disappointed.


Bright Star ~ Story of the poet Keats whose work is far more popular post death and anything he realized in his lifetime. It's a very dark film that maybe best saved for a rental.


My One and only ~ Based on actor George Hamilton's early life with his mother. Their good natured adventure lands them in Hollywood, with lots of ups and downs along the way. I was pleasantly surprised by this one.


The invention of lying ~ Definitely not the sharp comedy that I was expecting. I'd say save this one for the rental isle.



Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T.

No comments: