Monday, January 5, 2009

Jett Travolta - RIP

By now we've all heard the sad news that John Travolta's 16 year old son died suddenly last week.  I can't imagine what this family is going through, especially under the microscope.  Did the family's Scientology beliefs lead to a lack of proper medical care for Jett?  Did he have autism that was misdiagnosed or ignored and/or called Kawasaki syndrome?  Was he left unattended overnight on the floor of the bathroom or did he die in his father's arms?  

All these questions, while valid to investigators, shouldn't be that valid to the rest of the world. A family lost a loved one...the devastation they must be feeling right now is unfathomable.  

I recall coming home from school and watching "Welcome Back Kotter" -  Vinny Barbarino and the rest of the sweat hogs were daily entertainment.  I was aware when  John Travolta and Kelly Preston got married.  I recall the hubu that they decided to call their first born Jett and his little sister Ella Blu.  Frankly, I'm not much of a people watcher so I didn't really think about them again.  Until recently when, Ella Blu appeared in a movie with her parents.  I was amazed at how big she was, as all of us usually are when we see children growing rapidly.  Of course now, again, they are in the forefront of my mind.  So I looked up some photos on the AP.  
It struck me that in this first photo he is the perfect combination of Kelly Preston and John Travolta.  He seems to charm with those eyes like his father, while sweetly smiling like his mother.


















Adoration...A Father's love......A son's love...
                          .... A Family's love. 
I think the photos speak for themselves.   Regardless of what you think about the cause of death or the ultimate revelation of that.  




He was a part of a family, he was loved and will be greatly missed.  These photos seem to make that obvious.









I hope his family finds peace in knowing that he is soaring high and bringing as much joy wherever he is, as he did to his family and friends.

Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T.

(c) All photos from the A.P.

No comments: