Thursday, January 8, 2009

My friend Dawn...

Gosh Dawn it!




I'm without words...no opinion to come by... so I thought I'd post a part of an e-mail that I sent out a while back, a song/poem that I wrote.

-------
Family and Friends, I ask that you pray that God does what's best for Dawn  and her family. Her fight has been so gallant.  I know some of you are medical professionals.  I ask that you not read the blog as a professional, but as a fellow human being.  See the kindness and love that has been bestowed upon her, especially by her boyfriend Mike and her family.  There are no material things that can equate...it really is an amazing thing to just put someone else's' needs before your own and love them selflessly.

Take a look at the people around you.  Appreciate every day, every moment that has been given and treat them well.  In a moment, with an injury that wouldn't heal, her life changed forever.

I do still pray daily that a miracle happens and that she survives, but I do understand the complexity of the situation.  

T.









Please feel free to pass this along







(NOTE: All links are available for direct connect on the right side of this page)


..


'Been loved

The whole world is crying
Shedding tears for me
I stood and was counted
That's the gift that lives with me
Don't hang your head in sorrow
Please, don't morn for me
I'm looking at tomorrow & what it holds for me

***
'Cause I, will, not be forgotten. (No I won't, No she won't)
Been loved by the best
Had all the best
Sailed past all the rest
I will not be forgotten (Yes that's right)
****

Now my Momma's crying 
For all the day's to come
And my Daddy, my father he's reviving
'Cause I've gone toward the sun
And my brothers, can't believe (Saying no she ain't, no she ain't)

***
'Cause I, will, not be forgotten (No I won't, No she won't)
Been Loved by the best
Had all of the best
Sailed past all the rest
I will not be forgotten (Yes that's right)
****

Now I'm looking around, and I can't be found
I'm feeling so weak
He's here loving me
No-one knows it, understandings gone
But I can fly     
I'll remember my time

****
'Cause I, will, not be forgotten (No I won't, No she won't)    
Been loved by the best    
Had all of the best  
Sailed past all the rest   
I will not be forgotten (Yes that's right)
****

Said I
Will
Not be forgotten (No I won't, No She won't)

Now the winter has arrived
Gotta get on my ride
With the rest of the best
Not to be forgotten (No they ain't)
I will not be forgotten (No I won't)

Ne-ver for-got-ten, (No I won't, no she won't)
Ne-ver for-got-ten (No we won't, No they won't))
(No I won't, No she won't, No we won't, No they won't)




RIP Dawn Nelson 10/25/80-1/8/09....until we meet again
(c) all rights reserved.

No comments: