Saturday, May 30, 2009

May Flick Picks '09

Star Trek...let me say that again Star Trek. Okay so even if you are not a "Trekkie", you can find something to like about this film. It's funny, visually stimulating and an all around good day at the movies. It's well written, performed & a fantastic job was done by director JJ Abrams!




Ahhhh...The Soloist. A touching story about friendship and acceptance. Robert Downey Jr. knocks it out of the park in this one. I wouldn't be surprised to see this one come award season.


Angels & Demons is powerful right down to the surprising ending. Ron Howard did a wonderful job directing this one.


Last but not least .... The Wayas brothers are at it again in Dance Flick, a silly comedy which is a compilation of other flicks. When the jokes were good I laughed but more often than not I was sitting in my seat wondering, "Why am I here?". Not my cup of tea but some of the kids in the theater were laughing A LOT so it might be your cup of tea!

Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T.

No comments: