Sunday, July 5, 2009

Michael Joseph Jackson (August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009)


It’s been well over a week and I still can’t believe that Michael Jackson is dead. I’m sure this is the way all the Elvis fans felt when he passed away. You know secretly wishing that this is just some bad PR stunt and we’ll see him dance again. However, there is a deeper more sinking feeling that the King of Pop will not rise again. As I write this I’m listening to some of his recordings, some of the later works that were not publicized much. As I watched the clip of him performing that last time I wonder if his ever present performance was given by God, knowing that just hours later he would call his son home.

What is Michael Jackson’s legacy? The dance, the music, the family, and the children he left behind. His obvious talent will in my opinion never be surpassed. In that last video he seems to have more energy & stamina that those half his age, dancing with him. I can’t imagine how his family feels right now particularly his mother & children. No matter what anyone is saying about biology a child is yours if you love them and take care of them!

If our world were a garden most of us would be on the outside looking in. There are a rare few, a handful that reside in the garden. We are created with open naivety that can get us into trouble. For those on the inside, love is a pure emotional connection and has no sexual or physical connotation. It is simply, “the comfort I feel when I'm around you”. I honestly believe that Michael Jackson was one of these rare flowers inside the garden. His love of fellow man, lead him down a blind road of constant humanity. Unfortunately in our society if you don’t assimilate, if you choose to be yourself onlookers will always assign judgment. Perhaps this is the greatest lesson that we can learn from his life is not to judge, accept people for who they are and understand that some of us want to love in purity. Through his music, he made it abundantly evident who he was and what he thought about life. I leave you with snippets of some of his lyrics that gave me insight:

BEN

Ben, the two of us need look no more

We both found what we were looking for

With a friend to call my own

I'll never be alone

And you, my friend, will see

You've got a friend in me …

…I don't listen to a word they say

They don't see you as I do

I wish they would try to

I'm sure they'd think again

If they had a friend like Ben…

HAVE YOU SEEN MY CHILDHOOD

Have you seen my Childhood?

I'm searching for the world that I come from…

No one understands me

They view it as such strange eccentricities...

People say I'm not okay

'Cause I love such elementary things...

It's been my fate to compensate,

for the Childhood I've never known...

Before you judge me, try hard to love me.

The painful youth I've had

Have you seen my Childhood....



MAN IN THE MIRROR

I'm Starting With The Man In

The Mirror

I'm Asking Him To Change

His Ways

And No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

If You Wanna Make The World

A Better Place…

Take A Look At Yourself, And

Then Make A Change…


PRIVACY

Ain't the pictures enough, why do you go through so much

To get the story you need, so you can bury me

You've got the people confused, you tell the stories you choose

You try to get me to lose the man I really am …

You keep on stalking me, invading my privacy

Won't you just let me be ….

… Now there's a lesson to learn, respect's not given, it's earned…

I need my privacy, I need my privacy

So paparazzi, get away from me


GONE TOO SOON

Like a comet

Blazing 'cross the evening sky

Gone too soon

Like a rainbow

Fading in the twinkling of an eye

Gone too soon

Shiny and sparkly

And splendidly bright

Here one day

Gone one night

Like the loss of sunlight

On a cloudy afternoon

Gone too soon

Like a castle

Built upon a sandy beach

Gone too soon

Like a perfect flower

That is just beyond your reach

Gone too soon

Born to amuse

To inspire to delight

Here one day

Gone one night

Like a sunset

Dying with the rising of the moon

Gone too soon


Michael Jackson, may you find in the beyond what you couldn’t find on earth – R.I.P.


Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T.

© All Lyrics included are the expressed property of MJJ Productions.

No comments: