Thursday, July 16, 2009

Think Before you speak -- Kids maybe listening!




I honestly had no plans of expressing anything more on the Michael Jackson matter. Even with the overwhelming emotions expressed by his daughter, Paris I was still hesitant. However, I'm mortified by all the negativity that has been spewing out. I was really annoyed with Peter King and the vicious remarks that he made about Mr. Jackson. As far as I know the first case against Mr. Jackson was settled & he was acquitted in the second case. As far as I know pedophilia is a criminal matter not a civil one. I'm not debating whether he was or wasn't guilty, I'm simply saying he wasn't convicted of anything. I find the maliciousness that Mr, King spouted offensive because he's seems to be claiming that he cares about the well being of children...What about the well being of Mr. Jackson's children? At a time when they are in need of so much love he is spewing hatred to get some TV time. However, that's not the worst of it. People on the Internet are posting comments that little Paris "faked" her tears for publicity! Anyone who lost a parent at a young age has their life changed forever.






Everyone who is born will die and perhaps the legacy that we leave is the morals we teach our children and the guidance we give them to grow & change the world. No matter what you think of my Jackson, his children are anything but strange or weird. It's most evident in the words uttered by his daughter at the close of his memorial service.














"I just wanted to say that ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. And I just want to say that I love him so much."









Mr. King and all those who are spewing negativity about the children, please take a close look at the faces of these children, study them well before you utter your unkindness. Take a look at your own children and see if they are good example of what you would like to leave behind as a representation of you. If not there is still time to teach them kindness and compassion, by example!

Over forty years ago today my own mother lost her mother. She & her siblings, all children, were left parent-less. They are not strange or weird. In-fact I'm sure my grandmother, who I never met, left behind people who are good representatives of her. They have definitely made an impact on everyone and everything they have come in contact with.

Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T
.

No comments: