1/2 cup pistachios
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter (melted)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 boxes pre-made mini phyllo (filo) shells
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup honey
The zest of 1 lemon
- Arrange pistachios, walnuts and almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast the nuts in the oven at 350 F, until golden and fragrant. (Apx. 8 min.)
- Let nuts cool slightly.
- Add nuts, lemon zest, 3 tbsp sugar, butter, cinnamon, salt and vanilla extract to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Place mini phyllo (filo) shells in the wells of two mini cupcake pans.
- Add 1 tsp of the nut mixture into each shell.
- Bake at 350 F, until filling is hot. (APX. 10 min.)
- Add water, 1/4 cup sugar and honey to a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to a simmer & cook until reduced and slightly thickened to syrup consistency. (APX. 8-10 min.)
- Pour 1 tsp of the syrup into each cup and allow it to soak in, then repeat.
- Refrigerate 5 hours - overnight, then serve.
YIELDS: 30 cups.
This recipe by Sunny Anderson is easy and delicious.
Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!