- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 4 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 ounces fresh lump crab meat, picked over, patted dry, coarsely shredded
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Fresh chives or green onions, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter 2 mini muffin pans. Toss breadcrumbs, 1/2 cup Parmesan, and 2 tablespoons chopped chives in small bowl. Drizzle 1/4 cup melted butter over, tossing with fork until evenly moistened. Press 1 rounded tablespoon breadcrumbs mixture into bottom of each muffin cup, forming crust. Spoon 1 generous tablespoon crab mixture into each cup. Sprinkle rounded teaspoon of breadcrumbs mixture over each (some may be left over).
Bake crab cakes until golden on top and set, about 30 minutes. Cool in pans 5 minutes. Run knife around each cake and gently lift out of pan. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 hours ahead. Arrange on baking sheet; let stand at room temperature. Rewarm in 350°F oven 6 to 8 minutes.
Arrange crab cakes on serving platter; sprinkle with chives.
Special equipment: 2 mini muffin pans
Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!