Sunday, June 10, 2012

Love is love...







‎"You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back." ~ Anonymous









A few months ago I was doing research for a Valentine's Day blog post, and I came across and article on interracial relationships.  To paraphrase, "Are you getting your swirl on?".  Since I'm always at the front of the line when it comes to race, I was intrigued.  I hadn't heard the term swirl.  Frankly, when I thought of swirl the first thing that came to mind was soft Ice cream.  I also like the push the envelope on almost every topic; so, of course I clicked the link. The truth is, love is love. It's an unbreakable union between two souls.  The rules for romantic love are no different that that of platonic love.



Put "You" firstPeople who spend time honoring themselves have happier unions than those who always put their partner's needs first. 


Go to bed angrySometimes, "sleeping on it" gives new perspective.


Respect your relationship Keep facebook, twitter, etc. out of your personal business.


Avoid toxic people - Some people are always trying ti bring you and/or your relationships down.


Disconnect from workJust like you shouldn't take your home "stuff" to work, don't bring your work "stuff" home to your loved ones.

Send the housework outThis is one of my favorites, if you and your hubby, roommate, family, fill in the ________, can't agree on housework, splurge every once in a while and have a service do it.

Get a pre-nupI know your thinking, how on earth am I supposed to get a pre-nup with my brother....well that's not the legal terminology for it, but money is a factor in virtually every relationship.  Some financial structure in any relationship is absolutely necessary.  Think of it as relationship protection.  Are you going to loan money if necessary?  Do you both look at it as a loan?  Is what yours, what's mine? I bet you thought all these things were just for married people.

So take heed and then head first into your relationships.  Be fearless in your approach to love.  Yes you can get hurt. Yes you might make mistakes.  Yes you might walk away with the most valuable and irreplaceable experiences.  A not to the single people who are looking for wedding.  Skip the marriage, put on fancy dress clothes, have a big party and love yourself.   I mean really, who's going to love you if you don't! 





Until next time, when we can chit-chat again! 
T.

No comments: