Gooey Chocolate Chip Caramel Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 (16 oz.) packages of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 60 whole caramels (unwrapped)
- ½ cup peanut butter (melted-you can melt it in microwave)
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F and grease 9 x 13-inch jelly-roll pan (baking sheet or pan with rims).
- Spread one package of cookie dough into prepared pan and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and set aside.
- In a double boiler (a metal bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water) melt caramels with ½ cup evaporated milk.
- When melted and combined, add ½ cup melted peanut butter and pour over cookie base.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips as evenly as you can over the caramel.
- With the second package of cookie dough, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls evenly onto caramel and chocolate chips mixture; press down lightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and edges are set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
Until next time, when we can chit-chat again! T.