Sunday, March 1, 2009

To do it like a Brit or to do it like an American...does it really matter how you say it?

Language is such a beautiful thing, but depending on where you are from you may spell or pronounce things differently.  For instance, my friends in the UK spell "colour" and my friends in the US spell it "color". Technically, both are correct...Well I guess that depends on what side of the pond you are on.  It occurred to me that perhaps those that landed on the American shores weren't that well educated.  Perhaps that's why so many words are spelled differently or it could be that they began the art of short hand...much like we do today with texting

Some of my friends from the UK like to 'daunce' and I too like to 'dance'...no matter how you say it.

Until next time, when we can chit-chat again!
T.

No comments: